[Buildroot] Problem with buildroot and external toolchain

hartleys hartleys at visionengravers.com
Wed Jun 18 18:28:04 UTC 2008

Peter Korsgaard writes:
> I doubt it. I'm using 4.2.31 (on Debian as well).

Hello Peter,

I've been messing with the ext-tool.mk trying to figure out why the
external libraries are not getting copied to the root filesystem.

I added some echo statements in copy_toolchain_lib_root and verified
that the LIB, DEST, and STRIP values are getting set correctly. The
LIB_DIR is getting set correctly to the path of the external library.

It still appears that the find statement in the for loop is not working
right. I added a

	echo "FILE=$${FILE}"; \

Right after the "for FILE in ..." stuff and never get an echo statement.

Any other ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks,
Hartley