[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/proftpd

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 13:48:00 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 7:18 AM, Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Bernhard> this sounds like it should work without patching by just
>  Bernhard> configuring properly. Also these patches are usually named
>  Bernhard> "susv3.*legacy" for consistency.
>
> Could be - Ulf?

I think it works without that patch even, as I didn't rename it on my
local copy. Will remove it and try to build again just to make sure.

>  >> trunk/buildroot/package/proftpd/proftpd-1.3.1-fix-kernel-header-capability-version.patch
>
>  Bernhard> That one would make me nervous if i would use proftpd but
>  Bernhard> there is vsftpd anyway and luckily i don't do neither.
>
> Me neither.

Same here. This patch could be avoided if we disable it's
--disable-cap feature, that skips that lib build. Since I don't use
it, I have no idea what it does. From proftpd website, it seams that
it does some magic to increase security, so I thought it was best to
apply Gentoo's patch, taken directly from latest portage.

Many probably use proftpd for something, as it's in atngw100_defconfig