[Buildroot] Still no answer for a contribution -- "me too"

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Fri Jun 13 12:44:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 22:05 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> Personally even though I have commit access I think it is still good to
> discuss anything remotely controversial before committing it. Most
> changes (new packages, package updates) don't fall in that category of
> course.

I have a change I'd love to discuss.  I have asked twice now about the
correct place to add support for a new board and have received no
response whatever.

This makes me sceptical of even trying to submit a patch.

try #3, I would like to add support for a board from KwikByte based on
the at91rm9200 processor. should I add it to target/device/Atmel or
should I create a new directory target/device/KwikByte or some other
location.

I have a patch for the first option.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting a bad thing?

Brian Beattie   LFS12947 | "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
beattie at beattie-home.net | It's about dealing with the consequences."
www.beattie-home.net     | -- Midori Koto