[Buildroot] Still no answer for a contribution -- "me too"

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Jun 13 12:12:04 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Hamish" == Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> writes:

Hi,

 Hamish> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 12:07:42PM +0100, Will Newton wrote:
 >> I must confess that has been my experience too. I tried asking Erik
 >> for commit access but again, no response. Perhaps he is working on
 >> other projects?

 Hamish> I think anyone wanting write access should send some patches
 Hamish> here first for review. I guess you already did this -- I
 Hamish> don't recall sorry.

 Hamish> Personally even though I have commit access I think it is
 Hamish> still good to discuss anything remotely controversial before
 Hamish> committing it. Most changes (new packages, package updates)
 Hamish> don't fall in that category of course.

Agreed.

 Hamish> Personally I am using buildroot in a commercial product for
 Hamish> my day job.  I am contributing everything that is relevant
 Hamish> back to the buildroot repository, but we have some changes
 Hamish> specific to our application and some proprietary packages
 Hamish> which will never be merged. We don't expect to be able to
 Hamish> build our whole product directly from the
 Hamish> buildroot.uclibc.org repository.

 Hamish> I'm committing my own changes back to the master repository
 Hamish> where relevant, and I commit patches from this mailing list
 Hamish> in areas that are relevant to me and where I think I can
 Hamish> properly review them.  Unfortunately I don't have company
 Hamish> time to work on parts of buildroot that fall outside these
 Hamish> categories.

Same here.