[Buildroot] U-boot and nand flash

Teemu Keskinarkaus Teemu.Keskinarkaus at cc-systems.com
Wed Jun 11 10:46:06 UTC 2008

Forgot to add the errors u-boot is giving:

U-Boot> nand erase 0x0 0x20000

NAND erase: device 0 offset 0x0, size 0x20000
nand_isbad_bbt(): bbt info for offs 0x00000000: (block 0) 0x00
nand_erase: start = 0x00000000, len = 131072
nand_isbad_bbt(): bbt info for offs 0x00000000: (block 0) 0x00
Timeout!nand_erase: Failed erase, page 0x00000000

NAND 256MiB 3,3V 8-bit: MTD Erase failure: -5

OK
U-Boot>

I couldn't find what the result -5 means.

Since this is evaluation board that (at least buildroot) is supported directly I'd though that nand handling would work too without too much hacking needed.

-Teemu