[Buildroot] Can't Login to New System

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Dec 31 07:26:34 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Wiley <debio264 at gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

 Andrew> As you can see, I didn't change the login message or
 Andrew> anything. All I've done to the root filesystem is moved /dev
 Andrew> from an out of date (but working) root to buildroot's
 Andrew> root. As far as I can tell, this has caused no problems. The
 Andrew> lines in /etc/inittab that start the getty you see here are:

 Andrew> # Put a getty on the serial port
 Andrew> ttyAM0::respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyAM0 57600 vt100

 Andrew> ttyAM0 is a serial port.

You need to add ttyAMx to /etc/securetty. If you tell me the
major/minor numbers of /dev/ttyAMx, then I'll add device nodes +
securetty entries for them to the default rootfs.