[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/qtopia4

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hans-christian.egtvedt at atmel.com
Mon Dec 1 13:25:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:19:58 +0100
Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:

> Le Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:12:01 +0100,
> Hans-Christian Egtvedt <hans-christian.egtvedt at atmel.com> a écrit :
>
> > Okay, then we'll enable them only if we have an external toolchain.
>
> Yes, probably. But then, if you encountered some breakage with them
> and an internal toolchain, maybe the same breakage occurs with an
> external toolchain ?

They probably will if the external toolchain is for cross compiling.
What architecture was your external toolchain for? Was it configured
very similar to the host toolchain?

> (I tested my patch by building Qtopia with an external toolchain, and
> it worked. But maybe I didn't build exactly the same thing as you
> did).

The problem I triggered was that stdio.h in uClibc is not equal to
stdio.h in glibc on my build machine, so the host compiler got utterly
confused.

I think I'll leave it until we have some proper data on who uses what
kinds of toolchains. Could it be that your external toolchain just
needs a massage?

Hans-Christian Egtvedt