[Buildroot] Is there an issue with the xml2 installation packaged with BuildRoot?

Daniel Frey dmfrey+linux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 00:55:39 UTC 2007

I am trying to link against libxml2 when I am building my other
applications.  I continually get errors that I cannot link against libxml.
Could this be a result of how xml2 is installed.  If I look at
$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/bin/xml2-conf, the paths are setup for the local
environment ( i.e. /usr/lib/...).  and not relative to the $(STAGING_DIR) or
$(TARGET_DIR).  The same goes for $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/lib/xml2Conf.sh

Output:
checking for xmlParseFile... no
configure: error: Unable to link with libxml

Can anyone provide some clarification for me?

Thanks.
Dan