[Buildroot] Building libgcc with -G 0 options

sathesh babu sathesh_edara2003 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Oct 3 17:09:26 UTC 2007

Hi,
    I am using buildroot to build toolchain( GCC ver 3.4.3, binutil-1.15 and ucLibc-0.9.28, linux-2.6.18 kernel)  for MIPS processor.
  While building the toolchain i enabled soft float option.
  I have written a loadble module ( which gets complie along with kernel) which does some floating point operation.

  When i try to load the module i get the following error
  "unresoved symbol _gp_disp".

  In fact i tried with -mno-abicalls -fno-pic  compiler options still i see the same problem.

  Could you please give me some pointers on this issue.
  BTW, How to compile libgcc.a with "-G 0" options.
  In which file of buildroot i shoul added these options to get effective.

  Thanks in advance.

  Regards,
  Sathesh