[Buildroot] python on embedded system

Michael Trimarchi trimarchimichael at yahoo.it
Thu Oct 11 16:17:31 UTC 2007

hi,

I'd like to reduce python and just compile this modules:

Modulo 59 Nota Tecnica Rev.2 Data 01/03   	  	 	 	 	 	 	 	 <!--  _filtered {margin:0.79in;} P {margin-bottom:0.08in;} -->   _main_

    _buildin_

    marshal

 	    imp

 	    sys

 	    os

 	    float

    md5

 	    socket

 	    asyncore

 	    select

 	    thread

 	    threading

 	    time

 	    termios

I set up the PYTHON_DISABLE_MODULES with _PYTHON_DISABLED_MODULES=readline pyexpat dbm gdbm bsddb \

        _curses _curses_panel _tkinter nis zipfile _codecsmodule \

        cryptmodule _randommodule grpmodule regexmodule parsermodule \

        dbmodule glmodule pwdmodule gcmodule rgbimgmodule _heapqmodule \

        imageop cPickle audioop multybytecodec

and using the buildroot patch that disable modules. At the and I having a 12 Mb of stuff. I don't understand how to avoid the installation of a lot

of not useful py file. It is possible to reduce the size of python enviroment?

Regards Michael