[Buildroot] Xorg questions

Koenraad lelong buildroot at de-brouwerij.be
Wed Jan 31 19:48:15 UTC 2007

Hi,
I'm trying to run an application under Xorg/X11. It needs (amongst
others) libXi and libXinerama. I wonder why these aren't installed in
the image, although they are present in the staging dir. The same for xterm.
If I manually copy those libraries to their destination
(/usr/X11R6/lib), the application can't find the libraries. I thought
/etc/ld.so.conf took care of this (it contains /usr/X11R6/lib). If I am
in the directory where the application is "ldd" reports those libraries
not found. If I go to the directory with the libraries "ldd" finds those
libraries, but starting the application (startx /path/to/appname) from
there does not work.
What am I missing ?

Regards,
Koenraad Lelong.