[Buildroot] chown to root does not work

Claus Klein claus.klein at arcormail.de
Wed Jan 24 06:14:16 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 00:14, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 11:20:34PM +0100, Claus Klein wrote:

> >> I've updated fakeroot, both the old version and the new one work for me.
> >> Please update, make dirclean && make and let me know if you still get
> >> this error..
> >
> >it works, but there are still the error messges?
>
> Please report this against your distro and/or against fakeroot if your
> distro fails to fix this.

It is the buildroote host fakeroute which is running while build builroout target tarroot.
claus at P3linux:~/src/buildroot> /tools/Linuxi386CDK/usr/bin/fakeroot -v
fakeroot version 1.5.12

My Host (OpenSuse 10.2) has no fakeroot!
claus at P3linux:~/src/buildroot> which fakeroot
claus at P3linux:~/src/buildroot>

> PS: Works for me
> PPS: please provide a patch that fixes this for you if you think
> fakeroot is in error.
Ok, I will try to find the problem. But first I have to understand how fakeroot works.

Bye,
Claus