[Buildroot] [buildroot 0000308]: can't login after installaing buildroot on compact flash

bugs at busybox.net bugs at busybox.net
Mon Feb 12 13:49:21 UTC 2007

The following issue has been ASSIGNED.
http://busybox.net/bugs/view.php?id=308
Reported By:                pavan
Assigned To:                buildroot
Project:                    buildroot
Issue ID:                   308
Category:                   Other
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             06-22-2005 19:54 PDT
Last Modified:              02-12-2007 05:49 PST
i want to setup buildroot on compact flash card of size 128MB.
My native machine where i have mounted compact flash card is running
mandrake 9.1 and has x86 architecture.

To setup buildroot i have done following steps:
1)Downlaod and uncompress buildroot to /tmp in my native machine.
2)run following commands:
#make menuconfig
#make
#make install

3)This created a buildroot hierarchy.under build_i386/root was my root
file system.

4)I copied the entire root file system to my partition of flash card.And
then tried to boot from flash card.

It boots from flash card and i get the login prompt.
but when i can't log in with root user.What is the default root password.

My aim is to get minimal linux running from flash card with apache and
php.
Does buildroot provide networking support?
If i want to setup a firewall on buildroot then is it possible?

pavan.

 prpplague - 01-20-06 12:38
this is a procedural problem, and not specific to buildroot

Issue History
Date Modified   Username       Field                    Change
06-22-05 19:54  pavan          New Issue
01-20-06 12:38  prpplague      Note Added: 0000963
01-20-06 12:38  prpplague      Status                   assigned => closed
01-20-06 12:38  prpplague      Resolution               open => no change
required
02-12-07 05:49  vapier         Status                   closed => assigned
02-12-07 05:49  vapier         Assigned To              uClibc => buildroot