[Buildroot] [Patch] internal toolchain for avr32

Benjamin Tietz benjamin at micronet24.de
Mon Aug 6 20:12:56 UTC 2007

Since my revision wasn't the latest, I didn't got the nice mud ulf
created with his vendor-supplied toolchain. I'm sorry.

attached a patch that revert that misconfiguration.

@Ulf: Not everybody is happy about a vendor-supplied toolchain! So at
least give everybody the chance to decide whether to use it or not.
It would help even more, if Atmel would give external developers access
to their patches; those from avr32linux.org becoming older more and more
whilest pointing to download everything in ONE packet from Atmel. Thats
a really big download...
And another thing to add: get your vendor-specific stuff out of the
general Makefiles and Config.ins (it even would be nice if you could use
the default names; it would make searching through them much easier).
There are ways to do that. the vendor can redifine nearly all vars in
their own Makefiles; including default download-locations. And adding
additional patches isn't that difficult too. See the Makefile.in in
target/device/Atmel/avr32patches in my patch.

best regards
Benjamin