[Buildroot] Can't resolve symbol '__cxa_atexit'

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue Aug 28 21:07:43 UTC 2007

Hello,
   I am trying to re-create an environment that I created in Oct 2005,
so that I can make some changes to a program I wrote way back then. I
was using uClibc 0.9.28 at the time. I've used a current buildroot to
get me what I thought was that environment. I think I have the same
gcc/binutils versions 3.4.6 and binutils 2.16.1. When I compile my
program against this new environment it seems to work, until I move it
to the target device, where it runs for a bit then outputs

./a.out: Can't resolve symbol '__cxa_atexit'

So I'm assuming that something changed in the uClibc config I originally
used and this one that I tried to get to match. Any ideas how to go
about re-creating this environment or how to solve the above error?

--
Nathanael D. Noblet