[Buildroot] How to change kernel version

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hcegtvedt at atmel.com
Mon Aug 27 10:53:58 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-08-19 at 03:40 +0100, Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I searched over the archives but I couldn't find anything about how
> one could change the kernel version. The only available option for
> AVR32, 2.6.22, is unable to boot on an STK1000 due to a bug in the MMC
> drivers, so I would like to change it to 2.6.18 which actually works.

You could also attack the problem with the 2.6.22 kernel. AFAIK the bug
is not in the MMC driver, but the MMC core. A small change seems to
correct the problem for AVR32.

See this thread for patch and information:

http://avr32linux.org/archives/kernel/2007-August/000240.html

Also, if your kernel is just booting too fast for the MMC layer to
detect the partitions, adding "rootwait=1" to the bootargs in u-boot
will let the kernel wait for the root partition to pop up.

--
With kind regards,
Hans-Christian Egtvedt, Applications Engineer