[Buildroot] buildroot for avr32

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hcegtvedt at atmel.com
Mon Aug 27 08:42:08 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 14:59 +0100, Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
>    I'm using the svn buildroot with avr32, and I'm running into my
> fair share of issues, so I guess the Atmel snapshot might be a safer
> bet. But I really don't like that they have removed the .svn folders
> from the package, making it a lot harder to get updates from the
> buildroot guys. Well, svn is catching up quite rapidly, and I have
> been able to build what I needed so far. I have never built GTK+
> thought.

I plan to put out a GIT-repository somewhere soon. There will be an
upstream branch with the snapshots from Buildroot and a master branch
which will hold whatever extra changes that are done for AVR32. Very
similar to how the Linux kernel for AVR32 is available.

Making diffs should be very simple if you are custom with GIT.

>    I have recently managed to merge the Atmel snapshot with svn to
> some extent. But I haven't gone thru the resulting patch to sort out
> what should be submitted and what should be discarded.

The current Atmel snapshot is held at the current stage to get a stable
base for the initial release. We try to put back the general changes
upstream, and fiddle as little as possible away from upstream.

--
With kind regards,
Hans-Christian Egtvedt, Applications Engineer