[Buildroot] [Patch] internal toolchain for avr32

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Mon Aug 6 21:17:25 UTC 2007

> Since my revision wasn't the latest, I didn't got the nice mud ulf
> created with his vendor-supplied toolchain. I'm sorry.
>
> attached a patch that revert that misconfiguration.
>
> @Ulf: Not everybody is happy about a vendor-supplied toolchain! So at
> least give everybody the chance to decide whether to use it or not.

Your patch does not give everyone a chance to use it or not.
It *removes* the possibility to use the vendor prepatched toolchain.

If you are keen on not downloading that toolchain, then
a proper patch to buildroot would put the AVR32 patches you generated
on a server somewhere and then download the patch before applying to the gcc/binutils/gdb/uClibc.
Obviously, you would have to keep track of the development of the AVR32
toolchain and update when neccessary.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson