[Buildroot] staging_dir/usr/lib vs staging_dir/lib

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hcegtvedt at atmel.com
Wed Aug 1 05:59:56 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 13:38 -0500, Christopher Reder wrote:
> It seems like there may be some confusion over what directories to use
> when installing/hosting/storing libs.

Probably my bad (-:

> I just pulled down the latest and enabled fbv which selected libungif.
> In doing so, it fails when it tries to remove libs from
> staging_dir/lib because the libs are actually in
> staging_dir/usr/lib.

Weird, because staging_dir/usr is a symlink to staging_dir/.

> Where should those libs be?  Are they being installed in the wrong
> directory or are they trying to remove them from the wrong directory?

Normal libs should (IMHO) be in /usr/lib.

> Can someone clarify this?  Same thing happened when trying to build
> libpng as well when it was trying to cp libs over and it was copying
> from a directory where they were not installed.

I will have a look at libungif, libpng and fbv to see if anything is
wrong. IIRC fbv was my first try at adding a package to buildroot, it
could have used some reviewing.

--
With kind regards,
Hans-Christian Egtvedt