Support for logf, sinf and cosf in libuClibc (uClibc0.9.27)

monika wadekar monikawadekar7694 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 06:50:34 UTC 2017

Hi there,

I am trying to build qt-webkit v4.5.3 for ARM platform (iwmmxt) using
uClibc0.9.27 cross toolchain.

However I am getting following errors at the time of running make
(Configure was successfull):

"qt-embedded-linux-opensource-src-4.5.3/lib/libQtGui.so: undefined
reference to `logf'"
"qt-embedded-linux-opensource-src-4.5.3/lib/libQtGui.so: undefined
reference to `cosf'"
"qt-embedded-linux-opensource-src-4.5.3/lib/libQtGui.so: undefined
reference to `sinf'"

I think the defination of these functions is not present in uClibc0.9.27.
If my understanding is correct, can you please help me add these
definations in uClibc v0.9.27. Is there any workaround/patch to get rid of
these errors.

Kindly note that I do not have an option to use any other uClibc version
due to qt version and ARM processor dependencies.

Any help/pointers will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Monika Wadekar