Status of TLS and NPTL support for noMMU

Max Filippov jcmvbkbc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 18:55:39 UTC 2015

Sergei,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 7:10 PM, Sergei Poselenov
<sposelenov at emcraft.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 18:38:06 +0300
> Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So my questions are:
>> - are TLS and NPTL supported by uClibc for uclinux?
>> - if not, what are the supported threading options?
>
> Try linuxthreads.old, it works for us (0.9.33.2, Cortex-M3/M4. Toolchain is an old
> CodeSourcery arm-uclinuxeabi arm-2010q1).

Ok, I was able to build uClibc with linuxthreads.old and it
works. Thank you!

I'm a bit concerned about the toolchain that it compiled
source with TLS variables without a single warning, but
the variables weren't actually thread-local. Oh, well...

--
Thanks.
-- Max