Segmentation fault in __uClibc_main on m68k

Jaromír Cápík tavvva at seznam.cz
Sat May 30 08:15:37 UTC 2015

Hello.

"> > You mentioned a distro you boottrapped a couple of weeks
> > ago. Do you have a working rootfs environment I could
> > test?
>
> I did not submit the m68k patch to OE yet since i meant to get gmp
> going first, no.
>
> Buildroot, Alpine-linux or gentoo come to mind, i'd try these with
> current uClibc master.

The m68k support in buildroot is disabled. I sent a patch to enable
it for m68k targeting Aranym, but it needs some more work to be
accepted.

Alpine-Linux switched to musl libc and musl has no m68k support.
Alpine-Linux never had support for m68k.

Gentoo has some 2 years old stage3 images lying around. Dunno.

The best option you have is to use OpenADK.
OpenADK uses uClibc-ng (spinoff of uClibc master) and has support
for targeting Aranym (68040 CPU) or Qemu-M68K with Coldfire no-MMU
CPU. I am planning to add support for a coldfire board and an old
m68k based laptop for real hardware testing.
"

Thanks for hints.

I'm already building all the stuff using the system image

from the uClibc homepage. It was a bit of challenge

as it is based on bash 2.05 without completion and for

some reason is doesn't support Backspace and you

need to press Delete instead. The included busybox

is also a bit obsolete and I couldn't even run the configure

scripts due to incompatible awk. I resolved that with

static build of bash 3.2 and gawk using glibc and injecting

these to the image. I managed to build pacman and

now I'm happily rebuilding the whole world.

Several packages failed since that as the busybox

stripped versions of tools often do not support switches

used in  the build scripts, but I think I can hack such

cases. It looks much better now.

So, thanks for the hints.

Regards,
Jaromir.