Segmentation fault in __uClibc_main on m68k

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at openadk.org
Sat May 30 07:57:13 UTC 2015

Hi,
Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote,

> On 29 May 2015 at 17:54, Jaromír Cápík <tavvva at seznam.cz> wrote:
>
> > You mentioned a distro you boottrapped a couple of weeks
> > ago. Do you have a working rootfs environment I could
> > test?
>
> I did not submit the m68k patch to OE yet since i meant to get gmp
> going first, no.
>
> Buildroot, Alpine-linux or gentoo come to mind, i'd try these with
> current uClibc master.

The m68k support in buildroot is disabled. I sent a patch to enable
it for m68k targeting Aranym, but it needs some more work to be
accepted.

Alpine-Linux switched to musl libc and musl has no m68k support.
Alpine-Linux never had support for m68k.

Gentoo has some 2 years old stage3 images lying around. Dunno.

The best option you have is to use OpenADK.
OpenADK uses uClibc-ng (spinoff of uClibc master) and has support
for targeting Aranym (68040 CPU) or Qemu-M68K with Coldfire no-MMU
CPU. I am planning to add support for a coldfire board and an old
m68k based laptop for real hardware testing.

best regards
 Waldemar