Question: Does uclibc support NPTL TLS ?

Rich Felker dalias at libc.org
Fri May 29 02:08:55 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 09:58:31AM +0800, Junling Zheng wrote:
> On 2015/5/29 3:27, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> > On 28 May 2015 at 04:00, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Seems like gdb is not able to comprehend the TLS structure that uclibc is putting. So you need to investigate
> >> that part, either gdb or libthread-db may be where the issue lies.
> >
> > OE essentially produces broken libs for the uClibc package due to
> > --strip-unneeded.
> > I have tweaked my split_and_strip_files() but as a quick-fix you might
> > want to enable DOSTRIP in the uClibc .config and add
>
> I guess you mean *disable* DOSTRIP, not *enable* DOSTRIP, right?:)

Probably not. I think the idea is that uclubc's internal stripping
does it right, but OE's breaks it. You could disable both, but then
you'd have lots of debug bloat in the output, so turning on uclibc's
in place of OE's is a good workaround.

I could be wrong though; in that case Bernhard will probably jump in
to correct me. :-)

Rich