How to recover uclibc config ?

Jaromír Cápík tavvva at seznam.cz
Tue Jun 9 05:49:10 UTC 2015

Hello.

"Hi Jarek,
jarek wrote,

> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to create toolchain with uClibc. crosstool-ng, wants from me
> uClibc config file. How can I create this config file if I have only
> binary uClibc ?

In short: not possible in my opinion.
Just create a config with make menuconfig from scratch, and see
later if you are missing any features or compatibility stuff."

How about dumping the included objects and comparing them prior

making the system unusable? :]

nm -DP new_library.so | cut -f1-2 -d' ' > new_library.txt

nm -DP old_library.so | cut -f1-2 -d' ' > old_library.txt

diff -Naur old_library.txt new_library.txt

If there are '+' symbols, then the new library offers more

symbols than the old one and you can decide whether you

want to strip them or keep. If there are '-' symbols, then

it means you're missing something that might be needed

by the installed apps and in such case you might end up

with completely broken system where nothing works.

Statically linked busybox could help you to switch back

to the old lib :]

Regards,

Jaromir.

--