Segmentation fault in __uClibc_main on m68k

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 19:04:53 UTC 2015

On July 27, 2015 11:15:40 AM GMT+02:00, Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser at tarent.de> wrote:
>Rob Landley <rob <at> landley.net> writes:
>
>> support, a tangled mess of headers copied from random glibc
>snapshots,
>
>Not to mention lack of later bugfixes from glibc.
>
>> was never a priority because glibc was inherently so much worse that
>> just not being a gnu project made it smell like roses in comparison.
>> complained about this crap over the course of many years. I didn't
>stop
>
>glibc still stinks, but µClibc(-ng) stinks like an old glibc
>in many parts. (I fixed several deep bugs and incompatibilities
>with current compilers in it for wbx, despite telling him to just
>use musl instead, so I know.) Lots of files claim they are part
>of glibc, yet they have bugs glibc fixed, so, all the bad of it
>without all the good of it.
>
>bye,
>//mirabilos (who’s fixed bugs in all Linux libcs except musl, so far)

We are happy to take tested patches to update stuff for sure!
This is a community driven project since ages now.
Send your patches and contribute or don't and just use it if it works fine for you, it's that simple. If you regularly contribute several good patches we remove the filter by giving you instamt write access, see http://uclibc.org/developing.html#contrib
TIA and cheers,