Mailing list questions

Mattias Schlenker ms at mattiasschlenker.de
Tue Aug 4 07:29:16 UTC 2015

Hallo anyone,

I just tried to retrieve the mailman comand set by sending "help" to
mailman-request at uclibc.org. This resulted in a hint on a mailserver
misconfiguration:

    This is the mail system at host whitealder.osuosl.org.

                        The mail system

    <mailman-request at busybox.net>: mail for busybox.net loops back to myself

To be honest, I wanted to unsubscribe. In the past I used uClibc to
build minimal linux images for tasks like the deployment of system
images via PXE boot. uClibc was a great little tool for this. In the
last three or four years uClibc could not keep up with the development
of other C libraries like musl and most development done seems to keep
some status quo on very limited platforms.

I want to thank anyone of you who put time and effort in maintaining,
extending, testing and debugging of uClibc and still hope that uClibc
(or its spin off uClibc ng) will stay alive as an alternative at least
for extremely memory constraint devices.

Have a nice day!
Mattias

--
Mattias Schlenker - Freier IT-Fachredakteur und -autor
                              redaktion at mattiasschlenker.de
Mattias Schlenker - IT-Consulting, Softwareentwicklung
                             consulting at mattiasschlenker.de

Fork me!____________________ https://github.com/mschlenker
Website.__________________ http://www.mattiasschlenker.de/
My books!___________ http://www.arduino-hausautomation.de/