Should atomic.h really be installed?

Gregory Fong gregory.0xf0 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 19:17:57 UTC 2014

Hello,

I notice that right now atomic.h and bits/atomic.h are installed with
NPTL (not removed when UCLIBC_HAS_THREADS_NATIVE=y).  However,
shouldn't this just be a libc-internal interface?  Several of the
glibc devs seem to think that exposing this is a bad idea:

https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2010-11/msg00015.html
https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2010-11/msg00016.html
https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2010-11/msg00012.html

I'm hoping someone can clarify why uClibc does install this header.
FWIW, I noticed this because bits/atomic.h is not usable on ARM right
now because it includes internal headers (also suggesting that this
interface was not intended to be exposed)

Regards,
Gregory