Build problems - ldso.c not building because UCLIBC_LDSO not defined

Steve Ellcey sellcey at imgtec.com
Wed Dec 3 23:24:36 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-12-03 at 13:36 +0100, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:

> What other build problems do you encounter?
> Both a smallish 300k uClibc+busybox userspace with 3MB kernel (sic)
> image as well as huge images build fine for me here, fwiw.
> thanks,

Well, when I take the uclibc build out of my full toolchain build
the first build failure I get is not uclibc.c but is sigaction.c.  It
fails to build because siginfo_t is not defined.  I think the problem
here is that include/signal.h has this code:

#if defined __USE_POSIX199309 && defined __UCLIBC_HAS_REALTIME__
/* We need `struct timespec' later on.  */
# define __need_timespec
# include <time.h>

/* Get the `siginfo_t' type plus the needed symbols.  */
# include <bits/siginfo.h>
#endif

It looks like my .config file did not define UCLIBC_HAS_REALTIME to be
true so __UCLIBC_HAS_REALTIME__ did not get defined so bits/siginfo.h
did not get included so siginfo_t did not get defined.

I am not sure why the inclusion of bits/siginfo.h is dependent on
__UCLIBC_HAS_REALTIME__, it seems like the include should be outside of
that ifdef.  I am also not sure why this changed since the last time
I built.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey at imgtec.com