Question - intention of UCLIBC_BUILD_NOEXECSTACK?

Andrew McDonnell bugs at andrewmcdonnell.net
Mon Aug 25 13:02:51 UTC 2014

<snipped>

> I build hardened gentoo uclibc stages for amd64, i686, mips (mips32r2, and
> mipsel3), and arm (armv7a).  These have noexecstack and other hardened
> goodies.  Here are some links.
>
> http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-stage3-amd64-uclibc-hardened/
>

> http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/x86/autobuilds/current-stage3-i686-uclibc-hardened/
>

> http://distfiles.gentoo.org/experimental/mips/uclibc/
>
> http://distfiles.gentoo.org/experimental/arm/uclibc/
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_uClibc

Thanks for that, I didn't realise there was a MIPS specific build, so I'll go
take a look at that. The last link you posted is one of the references I am
working with.

I haven't used gentoo much.  Is there a git or anything with the configs from
inside those images?

It seems a lot of embedded systems are missing these techniques...

--Andrew

---
http://blog.oldcomputerjunk.net