Adding support for TLS/NPTL for Xtensa

Chris Zankel chris at zankel.net
Thu Oct 31 23:42:18 UTC 2013

Hi Khem,

Thanks for your feedback.

On 10/31/13, 4:06 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Thursday, October 31, 2013, Chris Zankel wrote:
>
>     I understand that there have been requests for a next release, and
>     it would be great if we could get NPTL support for Xtensa into
>     that release. Some library functions are only implemented in NPTL
>     and not the old linuxthreads library, so I see failures when
>     building some packages with buildroot.
>

> while we have not deprecated lt.old it would be better that we do not
> regress it otherwise if the patch to shared code is managable it
> should not be a big problem
Just for clarification, the patches that we propose don't regress
anything (at least from what we tested, they shouldn't). What I was
trying to say is that some functions are currently only provided by NPTL
(clock_nanosleep, for example is only implemented in NPTL and lacking in
lt.old), so it would be great to get support for NPTL for Xtensa into
uClibc.

Thanks,
-Chris