segfault of test on buildroot system

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 16:04:08 UTC 2013

On Friday, March 15, 2013, Alexander Varnin <fenixk19 at mail.ru> wrote:
> Hello.
> I'm using buildroot based system with ARM samsung processor (s3c2443).
> I've found a case, when i get segfault in my application. Using x86
debian compilers doesn't reproduce error.
> Attaching test program to this letter. There is an exception getting
throw from constructor of child-class (DisplayPassDevice). At that time
parent destructor (~PassageDevice) getting called. When exiting from parent
destructor i got segfault.
> # ./throw
> ~PassageDevice
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> One more necessary condition. The bug appears only when i compile my code
with pthread:
> ../minipos-OS-build/host/usr/bin/arm-linux-g++ throw.cpp -o throw
-lpthread

Do you use old abi by any chance?

> When i compile without -lpthread flag, program works OK.
> # ./throw
> ~PassageDevice
> catched
>
> I don't know what does this problem belongs to, so i write there for
help. Probably you'll just point me, where to report it.