Alternatives to Buildroot for Native Compilation and Testing?

Abdoulaye Walsimou Gaye awg at embtoolkit.org
Fri Mar 1 14:51:57 UTC 2013

On 03/01/2013 03:20 PM, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> On 03/01/2013 02:48 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>>

>> Modifying the compiler is well above my paygrade, and I probably won't
>> entertain the idea.
>>
>> Can you think of any other tricks for uClibc/Clang?
>
> The Linux kernel has some pretty decent low-level compiler abstraction
> in linux/compiler.h, I would definitively use that as a starting base
> to abstract out all the compiler specifics that is currently being
> used in uClibc (such as replacing various __attribute__ annotations
> with a pre-processor definition of it).
>
> Besides that, I think you will have to go through the painful process
> of building, analyzing the error and fixing it until it builds fine,
> and hopefully run fine too.
>
> Good luck!

Hello,
Florian, even linux/compiler.h will not help here.
Jeffrey, as I've suggested in llvm-dev mailing list you should really
take a look here [1],
to use similar patch for uClibc (it's a good starting point at least).
See for example the workaround [2] they adopted for __attribute__((aligned))

[1] http://llvm.linuxfoundation.org/index.php/Main_Page
[2]
http://git.linuxfoundation.org/?p=llvmlinux.git;a=blob;f=arch/all/patches/ARCHIVE/check/aligned-attribute.patch;h=e36f61950d5bb7acf1a36b28841797b67cfedf6d;hb=HEAD

Good luck!