iozone compilation failure with uclibc due to aio

Laurent Bercot ska-dietlibc at skarnet.org
Mon Dec 10 20:56:38 UTC 2012

> As far as I know, uClibc does not implemnt the AIO part of POSIX. Is
> there perhaps any way to make iozone use some fallback in place of
> AIO? It's not like POSIX AIO is a particularly well-designed API that
> anybody would actually WANT to use...

 Hello Rich,
 From a purely theoretical/academic point of view, as a software
engineer, I'm interested in knowing the details of why you think AIO
is badly designed. Not saying I disagree (I've never used that part of
POSIX so I don't know it enough to have an opinion), I'd just like to
hear your arguments about it.

 If it's too off-topic for the list, we can take the discussion to
private, but I believe other readers could be interested in it too.

--
 Laurent