Future branch status

Peter Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Fri Apr 20 21:42:48 UTC 2012

Hello Khem,

these patches are really critical. I consider the changes to the locking scheme a bug since subversion 28.2, how these should be fixed, should be rather a discussion on the mailing list. The only real solution would be to generalise the locking in libc, that works independently of NPTL/linuxthreads...

Peter

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 3:28 AM, Peter Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > which 3 patches produce the regressions?
>
> The real problem is in first one other two are just dependent on it.
> so they are removed but first one shows up the real problem.
>
> http://uclibc.org/~kraj/future-rebase/0368-hide-locking-related-pthread-functions-in-libc.so.patch
>
> http://uclibc.org/~kraj/future-rebase/0387-linuxthreads.old-hide-a-bunch-of-functions.patch
>
> http://uclibc.org/~kraj/future-rebase/0393-fix-the-different-views-of-the-cleanup-functions.patch

the last 2 patches