gcc 4.1.2 miscompiles uClibc 0.9.32

u-uclibc-y2lt at aetey.se u-uclibc-y2lt at aetey.se
Fri Sep 16 21:08:20 UTC 2011

Thanks Denys,

I compiled master including your patch and it is not segfaulting
on a weak symbol (fine otherwise also, as much as I could see).

(I can not for the moment confirm that this fixed the problem while
compiling with 4.1.2 but) this works fine while compiling with 4.2.3.
Hope the previous compiler is not crucial to test. The old code looked
anyway very unreliable in the face of optimization and your change did
not break the functionality. Nice.

Regards,
Rune