Building a uclibc based toolchain

stl st.lambert02 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 08:20:54 UTC 2011

Thanks for your answer.

> I don't know, but when you would try to use Sysroot feature in your toolchain, then
> you decide where gcc expects to find them.
> Compile binutils and gcc with:
> --with-sysroot=$YOUR_SYSROOT_DIR
> Install uCibc into your Sysroot directory.

Ok. It is interresting, I didn't know this option to be honest.
I am going to dig into this.

> Any reason not to use some ready to go buildsystem with your modification?

Do you mean utilities such as Buildroot or Crosstool-NG?
Indeed, I could use one of these, and it is on my plan, notably Buildroot.
But, firstly, I want to do it by myself, because it is the better way
to perfectly understand
what is done.