Paper comparing speed of uClibc and Glibc

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed May 11 12:12:23 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 08:56:32AM +0200, Zdeněk Materna wrote:
> Hello,
>

> is there any paper comparing speed of uClibc and Glibc? I googled for
> a while, but couldn't find any. I assume that uClibc is faster, but I
> can't just declare it in diploma thesis. Thanks a lot for any tips.

No, if anything the opposite is true. The only performance comparison
I know is a possibly-biased one done by myself:

http://www.etalabs.net/compare_libcs.html

The possible bias I refer to is purely in which components I bothered
to test and report on. If you want to stick to more objective
information, the "algorithms comparison" in the chart there is a good
starting point for understanding why parts of uClibc will be
asymptotically slower - particularly strstr and qsort.

You can get the main benchmarking tool I used at:

git://git.etalabs.net/libc-bench

Rich