NO_MMU archs / relation to uClinux

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed Mar 23 16:11:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Peter Mazinger wrote:
> I have a testboard based on MCF5329 and have some additions
> to support it in uClibc. Should I care here to get a bit support
> (m68k without MMU) to build it or would one prefer to leave that
> job to uclinux?
>
> It seems that many parts in the uClinux sources are not back/forward-ported
> to uClibc (no_MMU related stuff, sensors, but also CPU specific options...).
> Does anyone know the reason?

the uClinux.org guys are just very bad at pushing anything back
upstream.  so dont rely on them sending anything at all.  the uClinux
distro is very much run as "suck in sources, patch it until it works,
and then never touch again unless things break".  i dont know what
their future even holds though considering the company developing it
were taken over by mcafee purely to buy up the competition and squash
it.

so if you want something fixed, you'll need to integrate it yourself.
-mike