future merge

Carmelo AMOROSO carmelo.amoroso at st.com
Mon Jun 27 15:01:57 UTC 2011

On 27/06/2011 10.25, Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
> On 24/06/2011 16.37, Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
>> On 13/06/2011 22.17, Khem Raj wrote:

>>> Carmelo
>>>
>>> Yes thats my preference too. So please go ahead and I will wait
>>>

>> Hi,
>> I've merge prelink with master, solved few conflicts and tested.
>> I'm going to push prelink. Then I'll take care of merging it back to master.
>>
>> ok to proceed ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Carmelo

Hi,

> I've merged it and booted on SH4 board. Run C lib suite and prelink
> suite without regression.

this the output on the target, showing the stand-alone mode capability.

root at amorosoc:~# /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0
Usage: ld.so [OPTION]... EXECUTABLE-FILE [ARGS-FOR-PROGRAM...]
You have invoked `ld.so', the helper program for shared library executables.
This program usually lives in the file `/lib/ld.so', and special directives
in executable files using ELF shared libraries tell the system's program
loader to load the helper program from this file.  This helper program loads
the shared libraries needed by the program executable, prepares the program
to run, and runs it.  You may invoke this helper program directly from the
command line to load and run an ELF executable file; this is like executing
that file itself, but always uses this helper program from the file you
specified, instead of the helper program file specified in the executable
file you run.  This is mostly of use for maintainers to test new versions
of this helper program; chances are you did not intend to run this program.

  --library-path PATH   use given PATH instead of content of the environment
                        variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH
root at amorosoc:~#
root at amorosoc:~#
root at amorosoc:~# /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 /bin/cat /proc/cpuinfo
machine		: hdk7106
processor	: 0
cpu family	: sh4
cpu type	: STx7106
cut		: 1.x
cpu flags	: fpu icbi synco fpchg
cache type	: split (harvard)
icache size	: 32KiB (2-way)
dcache size	: 32KiB (2-way)
address sizes	: 32 bits physical
bogomips	: 450.00

> Now testing on ARM CA9 (and probably on ARM9 if I get a booting kernel)
> and let you now.

I've successfully booted a ARM CA9 core, and this is some outputs:

[...]

I've got some problem on few tests referencing h_errno due to
unsupported ARM relocations. This is due to the version of binutils I'm
using (indeed I get the same errors on a vanilla master branch).

I'll work to the ARM ld.so to include this support also.

I think we are in the position to push it now. If you guys prefer to
have a look before I push, I can create a temporary branch. Let me know.

Cheers,
Carmelo