Missing ns_initparse

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 09:43:36 UTC 2011

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for your review.

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer
<rep.dot.nop at gmail.com> wrote:
> All functions should remain in Linbc, the libresolv stub should be kept
> as-is (as a dummy lib) . How big is it, size (1) wise resp. Bloat-o-meter
> wise?

The .text section grew by ~5k from 262947 to 268335 bytes in libc, and
from 42 bytes to 3985 bytes in libresolv.

And because it adds some code, I'm curious why you would like to have
everything in libc instead of leaving it to the user whether support
for these symbols is needed at all. For a system with no network
support at all, for example, users could decide to save some bytes by
not adding it. And all packages I've seen so far include -lresolv in
case they need the resolver functions.

Thanks,
Daniel