proposal for CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Thu Jul 7 19:50:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 15:47, Peter Mazinger wrote:
> I am proposing to add CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL to guard all config options that

ive found this option to be wholly useless in the kernel.  i dont see
it being any different in any other project.

what does seem to work is manually adding "(EXPERIMENTAL)" or
"(DEPRECATED)" to the Kconfig line of text.

> This way we limit the general bug reports to working configs,

bugs are bugs.  if you want to classify them "lower", bugzilla has a
priority field in it already.
-mike