Quick test of -rc2.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Jan 25 04:28:58 UTC 2011

So I pulled -rc2 and built the Aboriginal targets with it.  Using pretty
much the same .configs as my 0.9.31 build (specifically still
pthreads.old, not NPTL), and a 2.6.37 kernel, most of the targets worked.

Testing armv4eb:FAIL
Testing armv4l:PASS
Testing armv4tl:PASS
Testing armv5l:PASS
Testing armv6l:FAIL
Testing i486:PASS
Testing i586:PASS
Testing i686:PASS
Testing m68k:NONE
Testing mips:PASS
Testing mips64:FAIL
Testing mipsel:PASS
Testing powerpc:PASS
Testing sh4:NONE
Testing sparc:NONE
Testing x86_64:PASS

The armv4eb target is expected to fail because qemu doesn't emulate it
properly, and armv6l also fails for QEMU board emulation reaons.

The mips64 smoketest fails because the native compiler segfaults trying
to build "hello world", but that's not a new problem.

The sparc build failed due to:

libpthread/linuxthreads.old/libpthread_so.a(manager.os): In function
`__pthread_manager':
manager.c:(.text+0xb30): undefined reference to `clone'

The sh4 build failed due to:

libc/libc_so.a(longjmp.os): In function `__libc_longjmp':
longjmp.c:(.text+0x48): undefined reference to `_longjmp_unwind'
libc/libc_so.a(popen.os): In function `popen':
popen.c:(.text+0x2d8): undefined reference to `__GI_vfork'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

m68k dies with an internal compiler error, I was patching .31 to take
out the optimization but haven't done that to this one.  Couldn't test
it anyway.  Not a big deal:

libc/inet/addr.c: In function 'inet_ntoa_r':
libc/inet/addr.c:135: internal compiler error: in output_move_qimode, at
config/m68k/m68k.c:1900

Rob