LEGAL: LG Electronics LGPL violations

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Feb 23 04:40:44 UTC 2011

On 02/22/2011 05:18 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> > i think this question is better posed to the SFLC.  from my non-lawyer
> > understanding, if they are no longer distributing binary releases, the fact
> > you received one in the past is no longer relevant.

By that logic, if I pirate a bunch copies of Office, Microsoft can't go
after me for damages but can only get a cease and desist preventing me
from shipping any _more_ copies in future.  That's not actually how
copyright law works.

But yeah, you want to talk to the SFLC.  I think we have a
gpl at uclibc.org alias set up (if not gpl at busybox.net works, all the same
guys reading it).

Rob