How to port uclibc to Windows CE

Philip Nye philipn at engarts.com
Tue Feb 8 21:45:13 UTC 2011

On 08/02/2011 19:33, David Lynch Jr. wrote:
> 	If you are looking to port an existing *nix application to windows that
> makes heavy use of less common API's you are looking at an enormous
> amount of work.
> 	But if you are trying to develop applications that you expect to build
> and work on many platforms, and you have control over the coding
> standards, portability is not that hard to achieve.

This does depend very much on what sort of thing your program does and which
sort of library calls it uses. For programs of some types I'm sure you're
right, In other areas it's a nightmare. taowei said nothing about his
applications, or what his WinCE platform was.

I've been writing network stuff that relies heavily on lots of different
multicast groups and sockets and even porting from Linux to BSD to OSX is a
headache, let alone to Windows - and once in Windows, you get the same
trouble from Win 2000 to WinXP to Win7.

Philip