RFC: getaddrinfo: skip DNS resolution for numeric addresses?

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 06:32:09 UTC 2011

Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 03:16:45AM +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote: > I added a workaround to busybox which detects this case. Is the workaround needed just for uclibc, or for glibc too? BTW has busybox been switched over to using getaddrinfo everywhere? Last I remember it was using gethostbyname2_r or something... > However, I think this should be done on libc level > for all users of getaddrinfo. > > I can code it up. > > Does anyone object to this? This is the way my implementation of getaddrinfo in musl has worked all along, and I'm rather surprised that others don't work that way. I'm all for your proposed change. Rich_____________________________________________