pselect - syscall

Maciek Borzecki maciek.borzecki at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 11:05:43 UTC 2010

I was hunting down for a nasty bug with a messed up
SIGCHDL/waitpid/pselect sequence and it seems that the signal may be
lost, with select not being interrupted as expected. It was suspected
that the signal may be somehow lost, what made me look at the
pselect() implementation in uClibc (version I used was 0.9.29 on a
XScale host with 2.6.21 & 2.6.29 kernels).
Can someone confirm that for the actual pselect() implementation
(libc/sysdeps/linux/common/pselect.c) does not use the pselect syscall
(__NR_pselect6)? Also when looking at the implementation of select
(libc/sysdeps/linux/common/select.c), a symbol __libc_pselect6 (which
does the syscall) is defined just for use inside select().

Is this intentional, or was that just overlooked? I'd be happy to
provide a patch if needed.

Thanks for the hard work on uClibc,
--
Maciek Borzecki