Setting the default binary format

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 06:38:26 UTC 2010

Hi,

Set default for your arch.
Cfg FOO
  Default cfg_BAZ if cfg_MOXA
See e.g. the commented out parts in threading selection.
See?

On 25 Nov 2010 14:07, "Anthony Green" <green at moxielogic.com> wrote:

I've been working on a new port that I plan on submitting soon.

One thing that's tripping me up is the default binary format selection.  My
port only supports UCLIBC_FORMAT_FLAT.  I want all of the config options
selected correctly by default when I run..

make ARCH=moxie CROSS=moxie-elf- defconfig

So in my Config.moxie file I have a FORCE_OPTIONS_FOR_ARCH config section
that looks like this:

config FORCE_OPTIONS_FOR_ARCH
       bool
       default y
       select UCLIBC_FORMAT_FLAT
       select ARCH_BIG_ENDIAN
       select ARCH_HAS_NO_MMU
       select ARCH_HAS_NO_SHARED
       select ARCH_HAS_NO_LDSO
       select HAVE_NO_PIC
       select UCLIBC_SUSV3_LEGACY

But even with my UCLIBC_FORMAT_FLAT selection, the UCLIBC_FORMAT_FDPIC_ELF
option is always chosen for .config.   I have to reorder things in
Config.in.arch so that UCLIBC_FORMAT_FLAT precedes UCLIBC_FORMAT_FDPIC_ELF
in order to get the right choice.

How can I get the selection I want without making this change in
Config.in.arch (which, presumably, would affect other ports)?

Thanks!

AG