Setting the default binary format

Anthony Green green at moxielogic.com
Thu Nov 25 13:00:33 UTC 2010

I've been working on a new port that I plan on submitting soon.

One thing that's tripping me up is the default binary format selection.
  My port only supports UCLIBC_FORMAT_FLAT.  I want all of the config
options selected correctly by default when I run..

make ARCH=moxie CROSS=moxie-elf- defconfig

So in my Config.moxie file I have a FORCE_OPTIONS_FOR_ARCH config
section that looks like this:

config FORCE_OPTIONS_FOR_ARCH
	bool
	default y
	select UCLIBC_FORMAT_FLAT
	select ARCH_BIG_ENDIAN
	select ARCH_HAS_NO_MMU
	select ARCH_HAS_NO_SHARED
	select ARCH_HAS_NO_LDSO
	select HAVE_NO_PIC
	select UCLIBC_SUSV3_LEGACY

But even with my UCLIBC_FORMAT_FLAT selection, the
UCLIBC_FORMAT_FDPIC_ELF option is always chosen for .config.   I have to
reorder things in Config.in.arch so that UCLIBC_FORMAT_FLAT precedes
UCLIBC_FORMAT_FDPIC_ELF in order to get the right choice.

How can I get the selection I want without making this change in
Config.in.arch (which, presumably, would affect other ports)?

Thanks!

AG