Poking at PREBUILT_LOCALES...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Nov 16 20:27:29 UTC 2010

On Monday 15 November 2010 14:18:56 Will Newton wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer
>
> <rep.dot.nop at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>The old tarball (that didn't work on a handful of machines -- don't
> >>remember which ones but ISTR that it was an endian issue) can still be
> >>found in http://uclibc.org/downloads/
> >>Current setups would need the same files as that tarball. If you can
> >>verify that
> >
> > [pressed send too fast, sorry]
> > If you can verify that the wordsize or endianess does not matter then
> > even better.
>
> I found problems on our little endian 32bit systems that have more
> stringent structure alignment than x86 (8 bytes). I didn't manage to
> debug it any further because I can easily cope without locales.

I'm trying to build Linux From Scratch 6.7 against uClibc, doing i686 first as
the low hanging fruit, and gettext very much wanted internationlization
support on the host.  I added it, it compiled and moved on, but I'm not really
_doing_ anything with internationalization.  I suspect I'm not installing it
correctly, but there's no special install target for it, so...

What "problems" were you seeing?  How do I reproduce/test?  I have test
environments for arm, mips, powerpc, x86, x86-64, and bits of sparc and sh4
support that I really need to clean up after I get untangled from this.

Rob
--
GPLv3: as worthy a successor as The Phantom Menace, as timely as Duke Nukem
Forever, and as welcome as New Coke.